Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Blog to check out! Father Terry (aka Jake) Listens to the World

Father Terry Listens to the World

Father Terry Martin (the artist formerly known as Father Jake) is the new evangelism officer at the Episcopal Church Center, known as "815" here in New York City. I look forward to reading his blog, offering what bits of ideas that I might to the mission of evangelism, and working with all those Episcopalians and other Christians who are dedicated to reconciliation, justice, mission, and EVANGELISM! I know, for me, I would love so-called "liberals" to once again make their peace with the "E-word" and have the courage to give an account of the hope that is in them (us), and preach the Gospel. This may mean using actions, such as the quote attributed to St. Francis "preach the gospel at all times, use words, if necessary," but it also may mean actually speaking, giving an account of the good that God had done and is doing in your life and in the lives of those around you (us). I am very excited that Father Terry is listening to the World, and will continue in his own way (I'm sure) to "stop the world."

Do check out his blog!

http://fathertlistenstotheworld.blogspot.com/

~The Rev. Peter M. Carey

No comments: