The SSJE, Society of St. John the Evangelist, brothers are offering some fine Lenten resources this year. Each Sunday of Lent they are posting a sermon based on the lectionary. I encourage you to log on and listen to these wise spiritual masters offer their reflections, and offer your comments as well.
~The Rev. Peter M. Carey
Click HERE to listen to these resources.
We invite you to join us, either in person or virtually, for our Lenten preaching series,
Monastic Wisdom for Everyday Living. Each Tuesday in March, the 5.15 Eucharist at the Monastery Chapel will feature a sermon reflecting on a specific practice from the SSJE Rule of Life. After the service there will be a soup supper and further conversation with the evening's preacher.
- March 3—Br. Kevin Hackett, on Silence
- March 10—Br. Bruce Neal, on The Graces of Friendship
- March 17—Br. Robert L'Esperance, on Engaging Poverty
- March 24—Br. David Vryhof, on Prayer and Life
- March 31—Br. Geoffrey Tristram, on The Witness and Challenges of Community Life
If you cannot join us in person, check back here for a weekly update, featuring an audio recording of the sermon and suggestions for further reading.
We encourage you to join in the conversation by leaving your own comments here.