See you at CVille Coffee at 10:30!
Jeremiah 29:1, 4-7
2 Timothy 2:8-15
Lord, we pray that your grace may always precede and follow us, that we may continually be given to good works; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
Jeremiah 29:1, 4-7These are the words of the letter that the prophet Jeremiah sent from Jerusalem to the remaining elders among the exiles, and to the priests, the prophets, and all the people, whom Nebuchadnezzar had taken into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon.
Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, to all the exiles whom I have sent into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: Build houses and live in them; plant gardens and eat what they produce. Take wives and have sons and daughters; take wives for your sons, and give your daughters in marriage, that they may bear sons and daughters; multiply there, and do not decrease. But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.
Psalm 66:1-11 Page 673, BCP
- Be joyful in God, all you lands; *
sing the glory of his Name;
sing the glory of his praise.
- Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! *
because of your great strength your enemies cringe before you.
- All the earth bows down before you, *
sings to you, sings out your Name."
- Come now and see the works of God, *
how wonderful he is in his doing toward all people.
- He turned the sea into dry land,
so that they went through the water on foot, *
and there we rejoiced in him.
- In his might he rules for ever;
his eyes keep watch over the nations; *
let no rebel rise up against him.
- Bless our God, you peoples; *
make the voice of his praise to be heard;
- Who holds our souls in life, *
and will not allow our feet to slip.
- For you, O God, have proved us; *
you have tried us just as silver is tried.
- You brought us into the snare; *
you laid heavy burdens upon our backs.
- You let enemies ride over our heads;
we went through fire and water; *
but you brought us out into a place of refreshment.
- If we have died with him, we will also live with him;
- if we endure, we will also reign with him;
- if we deny him, he will also deny us;
- if we are faithless, he remains faithful--
- for he cannot deny himself.