Psalm 65 2 Timothy 4:6-8, 16-18
Almighty and everlasting God, increase in us the gifts of faith, hope, and charity; and, that we may obtain what you promise, make us love what you command; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
- O children of Zion, be glad
- and rejoice in the LORD your God;
- for he has given the early rain for your vindication,
- he has poured down for you abundant rain,
- the early and the later rain, as before.
- The threshing floors shall be full of grain,
- the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.
- I will repay you for the years
- that the swarming locust has eaten,
- the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter,
- my great army, which I sent against you.
- You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,
- and praise the name of the LORD your God,
- who has dealt wondrously with you.
- And my people shall never again be put to shame.
- You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel,
- and that I, the LORD, am your God and there is no other.
- And my people shall never again
- be put to shame.
- Then afterward
- I will pour out my spirit on all flesh;
- your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
- your old men shall dream dreams,
- and your young men shall see visions.
- Even on the male and female slaves,
- in those days, I will pour out my spirit.
Psalm 65, Page 672, BCP
Te decet hymnus
- You are to be praised, O God, in Zion; *
to you shall vows be performed in Jerusalem.
- To you that hear prayer shall all flesh come, *
because of their transgressions.
- Our sins are stronger than we are, *
but you will blot them out.
- Happy are they whom you choose
and draw to your courts to dwell there! *
they will be satisfied by the beauty of your house,
by the holiness of your temple.
- Awesome things will you show us in your righteousness,
O God of our salvation, *
O Hope of all the ends of the earth
and of the seas that are far away.
- You make fast the mountains by your power; *
they are girded about with might.
- You still the roaring of the seas, *
the roaring of their waves,
and the clamor of the peoples.
- Those who dwell at the ends of the earth will tremble at your marvelous signs; *
you make the dawn and the dusk to sing for joy.
- You visit the earth and water it abundantly;
you make it very plenteous; *
the river of God is full of water.
- You prepare the grain, *
for so you provide for the earth.
- You drench the furrows and smooth out the ridges; *
with heavy rain you soften the ground and bless its increase.
- You crown the year with your goodness, *
and your paths overflow with plenty.
- May the fields of the wilderness be rich for grazing, *
and the hills be clothed with joy.
- May the meadows cover themselves with flocks,
and the valleys cloak themselves with grain; *
let them shout for joy and sing.