Dear Beloved Parishioners,
I wanted to reach out to all of you to say that I am praying for you each daily, and am hoping that you are well. We are, of course, in a time of some uncertainty with the pandemic of COVID-19, and I wanted to share a few items with you in terms of steps we are taking at St. Mary's to help us all stay healthy and safe.
Below are letters from both our Bishop, Daniel Gutierrez, and our Presiding Bishop, Michael Curry, which are extremely helpful and give us some general guidelines and helpful information in this uncertain time. Rather than repeat the good advice that is below, I encourage you to read and mind the good advice that is recommended by the CDC below.
In terms of St. Mary's - Cathedral Road, we are taking the following steps:
1) We are currently still offering the Eucharist at 10am on Sunday, and we will share the Eucharist in the form of wafers only, for the time being.
2) We will share the Peace by greeting, but not with physical touching.
3) I have communicated with our Sexton to be extra vigilant in his cleaning of surfaces at St. Mary's, and I, myself am also taking time to wipe down doorhandles, faucets, and other areas.
4) I have contracted with a cleaning company to do a deep cleaning on Monday and Tuesday next week. They will also be doing cleaning twice a month, at least to augment the other cleaning that happens.
5) I encourage us to be mindful of the food that we offer at Coffee Hour. Best would be to have food that is individually packaged.
6) We are planning to Live Stream the Sunday Eucharist on Sunday through our Church's Facebook Page. You do not need to be a subscriber of Facebook to see and hear our service. The link to our Facebook Page is: https://www.facebook.com/
Please stay healthy. Please practice "social distancing" if you are able to in your daily movements. Know that you are in my prayers.