When the likes of Mark Harris at Preludium and also Kendall Harmon at Titus One Nine recommend reading the same essay, we should take notice.
From Mark Harris: PRELUDIUM: Archbishop Orombi writes of matters of the spiritual heart and then passes by. "The Church of Uganda Archbishop Henry Orombi has written an essay in FIRST THINGS, titled "What is Anglicanism?" Again, as with Bishop Benjamin Kwashi, whose article I commented on yesterday, Archbishop Orombi gives a very helpful understanding of Anglicanism as seen from a receiver's perspective. In particular his description of the relationship between the evangelicalism contained in the reformation notion, "sola scriptura" and the evangelical experience of the East Africa Revival is important."
From Titus One Nine: " GO DIRECTLY instead to the Article by Apb. Henry Luke Orombi, Primate of Uganda on "What is Anglicanism?" if you have not yet read it. It is must reading! Please don't miss it. "
2 comments:
Quite an article the ++ wrote, thanks for making me aware of it. I find a lot of weight in his argument, but still wonder if there is a way for Anglicanism to also be a model of reconciliation. Our evangelical brothers and sisters in the US know in their heart of hearts that boycotting stuff (video games, movies, books) doesn't really have an impact, will the Global South have such an unfortunate realization post-Lambeth?
Steve,
Great point about the boycotting question, I would also hope that Anglicanism could be a model of reconciliation...I also wonder at times whether people's rhetoric (and even blogging, sometimes) is more strident than their practice..what I mean is that it seems that people can be more mean and unfriendly (unChristian?) in statements than in the way that they actually treat people who they are nearby...
I guess (with regards to tomorrow's gospel in the lectionary), that we all need to be aware of our own need for Christ coming to us as Samaritans (the other?) (of every stripe) who may be the one's who can help us ...
Post a Comment