Monday, November 03, 2008

Candidates give props to their former coaches

From CNNSI:

Candidates give props to their former teachers and coaches!

Asked what was the best piece of advice he had received from the sports world, Obama said his high school basketball coach, when the young Obama rebelled against him, said, "'Look, this is not about you, this is about the team.' It took me awhile to understand ... but that's how I've approached the work I've done in politics since. If you stay focused outside yourself, you end up doing a better job."

In answer to the same question, McCain said he drew a lesson from a high school coach who also was a literature teacher.

"The guy was my inspiration then and is my inspiration to this day," McCain said. "The lesson he taught me was you always have to do the honorable thing, even if no one knows, because you'll know."

Read it all HERE.

No comments: