13 July 2009

(satire) There is a new "Pope of the East Coast" the Popiscopate of Timotheus I (Fr. Tim Schenk) begins today

Read more about Fr. Tim Schenk (now "Pope Timotheus I) HERE...(and while you're at it, check out the rest of his quite excellent blog, "Clergy Family Confidential" at http://frtim.wordpress.com/)

A bit from his Episco-Papal Encyclical is below...

(so funny!)

Below is my first Episco-Papal Encyclical. I write on the subject of church polity (etc) during the waning days of my reign. This is a hot and confusing topic in the Anglican Communion; one which I will clarify. Just as a reminder, whenever I sit down to write an e-encyclical I am infallible. Not just the typed words but my very being. Got it? Infallible. Oh, and inerrant as well. If you’re not already on your knees in humble supplication, I bid you to bow down before your computer in anticipation of holiness.

EPISCO-PAPAL ENCYCLICAL
OF THE SUPREME PONTIFF
Timotheus I
TO THE BISHOPS
PRIESTS AND DEACONS
MEN AND WOMEN RELIGIOUS
THE LAY FAITHFUL
AND ALL PEOPLE OF GOOD WILL
ON INTEGRAL HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
IN CHARITY AND TRUTH

1. I have abolished the Southern Cone and replaced it with the Orange Southern Cone. This will lead to a more godly church and assist with parking control problems on Sunday mornings.

Read the rest HERE

2 comments:

Марко Фризия said...

I like the whole "to all people of goodwill" à la Pope Jon XXIII. Nice touch!

Марко Фризия said...

I like the whole "to all people of goodwill" à la Pope Jon XXIII. Nice touch!