Saturday, July 27, 2013

Yvon Chouinard and Kris & Doug Tomkins




I find extreme joy in learning about people who have lived amazing and abundant lives.  Just recently when I was looking around on Netflix streaming, I found a very cool movie called 180 Degrees South, in which I became introduced to Yvon Chouinard and Douglas Tomkins.  They are both climbers who have done climbing for many years, and they are both environmentalists who have used their considerable wealth to work to preserve millions of acres in Patagonia in Chile.   Kris Tomkins, Douglas's wife has been instrumental in the work to preserve this amazing land.

They are both involved with ConservacionPatogonica

Oh, also Chouinard began the Patagonia clothing company and Tomkins began the North Face clothing company, but in many ways, those facts are but small aspects of their amazing lives.

Do check out 180 Degrees South.  I plan to read more of what they've written and learn more about them.


~Peter+



No comments: