Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Santos Woodcarving Popsicles...

Visited Chimayo, New Mexico today, and visited the wonderful shop that was the inspiration for this blog. Along the way, took some photos of Chimayo and a brief video.  I will be posting them soon.  We even ate some popsicles from the shop, and bought a few things.  Here's the original description of "Santos Woodcarving Popsicles" from 2007...

The inspiration for this blog came from the photo that was taken at Chimayo, New Mexico in front of a shop. What I really love about this sign is that these three items are not expected to be advertised together, they point to the holy, but also to the everyday, and make no excuses for the everyday and the holy merged and unified.



~The Rev. Peter M. Carey

1 comment:

Robert said...

I'm working on a paper using creative arts as an avenue to increased spirituality when I came across the posting about Santos, Woodcarving, Popsicles. I think it could be done...using popsicle sticks to make santos with prayer and fasting of course. I've got to give this some thought. Holland Rev