Friday, August 19, 2011

Reflection on the Sea of Galilee by a friend

My colleague and friend, Jim Richardson, the rector of St. Paul's, Memorial here in Charlottesville, is visiting Jerusalem and the Holy Land.

I have been enjoying his reflections on his blog Fiat Lux.

Check out his reflection on a visit to the Sea of Galilee today:

~The Rev. Peter M. Carey


THE SEA OF GALILEE -- I have long pictured this place in my prayers.
Today I got put my feet in the warm waters of the Sea of Galilee.

And, yes, it was something like what I had imagined.

And I began to feel for the first time that we were on ground where Jesus walked.
On our fourth day of our Holy Land pilgrimage, we toured Roman ruins on the Mediterranean, and drove inland to the northern mountainous region of Israel.

We ate lunch in Nazareth, once the tiny village where Jesus grew up and now the most populous Arab city in Israel. Then we crossed another mountain range and descended into the great rift valley.
Read more HERE

No comments: