22 June 2009

Transitions....John 14:2

"In my Father's house are many rooms;
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I am going there to prepare a place for you."


John 14:2

The blogging has been very light of late, as we are in the midst of transitions in our family. We're getting ready to start 2 new jobs, move to a new town, and today, we hope to close on a house. There may be a possibility that it will get delayed, but we're praying it goes relatively smoothly.

So, we're in the "in between" country of not really living here, nor there, of not really working here nor there, of being in-between and praying that God will be with us and that we will feel God's grace in our lives during these many changes.

In a little over a week, I will begin full-time work in a parish just outside of Charlottesville, VA as associate rector at Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Greenwood and I am looking forward to it with great anticipation. The church is a great community of people and there is solid leadership in a wonderful rector and lay leadership. I am excited to continue my ministry there, and to learn and serve alongside such wonderful people.

Praying that we will feel the Spirit even as we work with banks, lawyers and the rest!

Peace,

~The Rev. Peter M. Carey

No comments: