"Translation" of Psalm 23 - The Lord is my Domestique
The Rev. Peter M. Carey
Associate Rector, Emmanuel Church, Greenwood, VA
used in my sermon this morning
The Lord is my domestique,
I shall not want.
He blocks the headwind for me
He leads me beside rough waters,
he oils my chain.
He leads me on the right path for the sake of the yellow jersey.
Even though I ride through the Loire Valley at a deathly pace,
I shall fear no evil,
for you are with me.
Your strength and your jokes, they comfort me.
You prepare a high carb meal for me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with cool water, my waterbottle overflows.
Surely speed on the flats and power in the mountains
will be with me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the peleton forever.
The Rev. Peter M. Carey
Associate Rector, Emmanuel Church, Greenwood, VA
used in my sermon this morning
The Lord is my domestique,
I shall not want.
He blocks the headwind for me
He leads me beside rough waters,
he oils my chain.
He leads me on the right path for the sake of the yellow jersey.
Even though I ride through the Loire Valley at a deathly pace,
I shall fear no evil,
for you are with me.
Your strength and your jokes, they comfort me.
You prepare a high carb meal for me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with cool water, my waterbottle overflows.
Surely speed on the flats and power in the mountains
will be with me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the peleton forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment