Advent is a season of preparation; preparation for newness, for new life, for new hope, for a new outlook, for God breaking into our lives in new and unexpected ways. The book of Revelation has a wonderful vision of the new world that God has in store for us!
~Chaplain Carey
Revelation 21:1-7
I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,
- "See, the home of God is among mortals.
- He will dwell with them as their God;
- they will be his peoples,
- and God himself will be with them;
- he will wipe every tear from their eyes.
- Death will be no more;
- mourning and crying and pain will be no more,
- for the first things have passed away."
And the one who was seated on the throne said, "See, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true." Then he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life. Those who conquer will inherit these things, and I will be their God and they will be my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment