Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Bart Ehrman's "Jesus Interrupted" is on its way


I am excited to be a part of a new project in which some bloggers will review new religion/theology/biblical studies/spirituality books and post these reviews on their blog, as well as on the "viralbloggers" site. The first book I'll be reviewing is Professor Bart Ehrman's (of UNC) new text "Jesus, Interrupted" in which he calls a good deal of Gospel theology into question. I have read a few of his other books, and find him to be a careful reader of the Bible, and a good scholar.

From the early reviews of this book, I am very curious to see what his conclusions are, and how he gets there. Stay tuned for my review, and, even better, read it yourself and let me know what you think!
I am posting below a youtube in which Professor Ehrman discusses the book, along with a link in which readers can read sample chapters of his book. Put on your thinking caps and your scholar's eyeglasses, and let me know what you think. Peace and

Blessings in Holy Week,


~ The Rev. Peter M. Carey


Professor Ehrman's page: http://bartdehrman.com

Read sample chapters HERE

No comments: