09 February 2008

The first annual Bonhoeffer Blog Conference


I am a huge fan of Bonhoeffer, who is a theologian who challenges me and pushes me to places where I don't really always want to go in terms of the ways that I live out my faith. His theology is very "thick" and has levels of nuance that I cannot say that I fully grasp even after spending most of a year working on a M.Div. honors thesis that considered his work and the ways that it might relate to the work of Rowan Williams and James Cone. I realize now how daunting my task was last year to try to find the points of integration and the points of conflict between these three giants of theology, but a wonderful result of my investigations was that I have found three theologians who I will be reading for my entire lifetime, and who each challenge me and push me in some uncomfortable, but important, ways.

I found a link to an online "Bonhoeffer Conference" called the "First Annual Bonhoeffer Blog Conference" which I hope to check out and perhaps even offer a comment or two (we'll see how courageous I might be). If you have read any Bonhoeffer, you may, indeed find this to be an interesting "conference" to check out. It was advertised on the Inhabitatio Dei blog, which is a wonderful theology blog to check out, if you are so inclined.

No comments: