This is really nice. I always think that Rowan Williams was never meant to be the ABC but maybe it is exactly that that put him there. (And I say this as more liberally minded RC who is not so happy with her own lot at the moment.)
His video reflections and writing always strike me deeply.
Anyway, thanks for posting this. I saw the Advent book that I am using in the scene of books at the end. It is ironically (or not) Sacred Space. I have used these books before, they are short and wonderfully reflective.
The irony? They are published by the Irish Jesuits and it is very much the Irish church that has broken my heart ever deeper this week.
And of course where the wound is, is where the healing will be.
It is all contradiction isn't it? No wonder non-believing people think that we are mad.
1 comment:
This is really nice. I always think that Rowan Williams was never meant to be the ABC but maybe it is exactly that that put him there. (And I say this as more liberally minded RC who is not so happy with her own lot at the moment.)
His video reflections and writing always strike me deeply.
Anyway, thanks for posting this. I saw the Advent book that I am using in the scene of books at the end. It is ironically (or not) Sacred Space. I have used these books before, they are short and wonderfully reflective.
The irony? They are published by the Irish Jesuits and it is very much the Irish church that has broken my heart ever deeper this week.
And of course where the wound is, is where the healing will be.
It is all contradiction isn't it? No wonder non-believing people think that we are mad.
Thank you for this. Blessings of Advent to you.
Post a Comment