Friday, February 20, 2009

From "No Impact Man"... "The most important factor in a balanced, sustainable lifestyle?


from the wonderful, funny, prophetic, and challenging "No Impact Man" blog:


"The most important factor in a balanced, sustainable lifestyle?

"I believe living a life that involves meditation, reflection, and/or prayer is the single greatest factor in moving to more balanced sustainable lifestyles. I think quiet retreat from the dominant culture is vital. I also think that individuals are incapable of staying the course alone, so I think supportive communities and groups are vital."

--Betsy Taylor, speaking in a round table discussion with Yes! Magazine back in 1998 when she was head of Center for New American Dream (she is now chair of the board of 1Sky)

What think? I tend to agree. Let's discuss."


Click HERE to discuss with No Impact Man!

No comments: