
A Letter from Bishop Lee
March 6, 2009
Dear Friends,
When I announced my resignation as bishop at January’s Annual Council, I said I was considering new steps in my ministry. I have now accepted the call of Bishop Andrus of California to serve as interim dean of Grace Cathedral, San Francisco, after I have resigned as Bishop of Virginia on October 1, 2009.
While I will depart Virginia with sadness at leaving so many whom I love, I am excited and challenged by the call to serve at one of the nation’s primary urban cathedral churches.
I began ordained ministry at an urban cathedral, St. John’s in Jacksonville, Florida, and I have spent many years emphasizing the diversity and continuity of our Anglican tradition which are so well expressed in a cathedral’s ministry.
After a year or so of cathedral ministry, Kristy and I expect to retire in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, where we were living when I was elected Bishop in Virginia.
I look forward to these next seven months together as we all prepare for the next chapters of our service to the Lord and the church.
Faithfully yours,
Peter James Lee
3 comments:
I'm not from SF, but a rural area of so cal instead, but let me be the first to welcome you!
SF is such a vibrant and exciting place! I hope you love it.
Blessings to you!
Cany,
Just to be clear, I am not Bishop Lee, the letter I posted was from the Diocese of Virginia's website...I am proud to serve as a priest in the Diocese of Virginia, but it is Bishop Peter Lee who will be the interim dean at Grace Cathedral, San Francisco...
Peace and Blessings,
Peter Carey+
Yes, I knew that and mistyped... but nonetheless, glad he is coming:)
Thank you for clarifying.
Post a Comment